Firefighters called to chimney fire in St Asaph

Published date: 13 March 2017 |
Published by: Josh Morris 
Read more articles by Josh Morris  Email reporter


 

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house after the chimney caught fire on Sunday evening.

According to North Wales Fire and Rescue the fire at the house in St Asaph was caused by a faulty flue with the fire contained to a chimney.

The fire was extinguished with a bucket with the damage caused by the fire itself contained within the chimney.

A spokesman for North Wales Fire and Rescue said: "We received a call at 9.39pm on Sunday to a chimney fire at a house in St Asaph.

"The cause was a faulty flue. The was no damage with the fire confined to the chimney.

"One crew from Rhyl attended, using a bucket of water, a thermal imaging camera and some small tools."

  • See full story in the Free Press

Featured Businesses

View all adverts