These pictures show the effects of a huge bracken and gorse fire near Llangollen last night.
Fire crews spent nearly four hours on site battling the blaze which was caused by careless disposal of smoking materials.
Five appliances attended the scene which North Wales Fire and Rescue were first alerted to just ahter half past 7 last night.
The last crew was available after 11 o'clock with a crew returning this morning to check the scene which covers nearly five acres.
Kevin Corbett who took the photo said: "I was surprised by how quickly it spread, hats off to the fire fighters for their work.
"It looked like it was moving pretty quickly while I was there and looking at the site now it spread a lot more after I took the photos."
A spokeswoman for North Wales Fire and Rescue said: "We were called at 7.35pm to a gorse and bracken fire near Llangollen
"The fire spread over two hectares.
"Five appliances attended from Wrexham, Llangollen, Buckley and Chirk.
"We used two hose reels and twelve beaters. The cause was accidental ignition due to careless disposal of smoking materials.
"The last appliance was available by 11.10pm. We also checked the scene for hot spots this morning."
Llangollen Fire station reported: "last night we got called to a small fire in the open. It turned out to be not so small. All crews work together to extinguish the fire